Thermicare Disposable Aluminium Patient Warming blanket infant 2 feet x 2 feet
Postoperative heat loss during surgery is still unavoidable, but the
inadvertent perioperative and postoperative hypothermia indeed is largely
preventable. Hypothermia remains the most frequent complication of surgery under
anesthesia. It is also well accepted that pediatric and neonatal patients lack
sophisticated and intrinsically complex thermoregulatory mechanism allowing them
to usually maintain a core body temperature within plus or minus 0.5 C.
- Heat retentive, insulating Full Body Patient Warming Blanket keeps patients warm by
controlling heat loss
from radiation and convection - accounting for up to 90% of the body heat
loss during surgery.
- Consistently delivers warmer patients to the Post Operative Ward when
- Aluminum retains heat, thereby preventing heat loss and hypothermia
- Nonwoven Cotton backing sheet enhances patient comfort and reduces the
cooling effects of evaporation caused by perspiration.
- Laminated CPP Layer acts as a water repellent to fluids
- Non-conductive, safe to use with electrosurgical equipment.
- Radiolucent and Anti-Static
- Different components of the Full Body Patient Suit listed below may be
detached / attached using Velcro as per the convenience.
- Aperture at surgical site may be created as per the requirements
Superiority over Conventional Convective Warming Devices such as Bair
Hugger / Gaymar / WarmTouch
- Mobile - No need of Bulky Heating unit following the patient to OT, ICU,
Post Operative Ward etc.
- No Noise - Any discipline such as Plastic Surgery, Neuro Surgery or Eye
Surgery, where quite atmosphere is preferred, noise generated by heating
unit is unacceptable
- Cost - No Hardware means No Capital cost and related maintenance cost
- Unique Head Cover alone prevents 25% to 40% of body heat loss
- Unique Leggings can be effectively used even in the most difficult
While this Aluminium made Hypothermia Blanket is originally intended to be
used as a standalone, without need of any Convective Patient Warming System such
as Bair Hugger / Gaymar / WarmTouch, this blanket has been used successfully
along with these convective warming systems also. The number of Bair
Hugger warmers available in a hospital has always been scarce as against the
number of patients requiring them. By using Thermicare Aluminium Patient
Warming Blanket along with Bair Hugger warmers, the patient can be actively
warmed up for about half an hour only and then the same warmer may be spared for
some other patient who is a candidate requiring Bair Hugger machine. Since
the blanket is made of Aluminium, the heat is retained well for a prolonged
period of time.