Sigvaris Medical Compression Stockings Ulcer X Below Knee Varicose Vein
1 Traditional calf-stocking CCL 2
2 Patented understockings (18-21 mmHg)
Understockings for Ulcer X
Sizes: small, medium, large
Also available separately as a set of 4
Traditional half-stocking: 70% polyamide, 30% elastodine
Understocking: 62% polyamide, 26% elasthan, 12% cotton
- Wash daily by hand or in a laundry bag in a washing machine (delicate wash cycle) at max. 40 degrees.
- We recommend using our mild SIGVARIS WASHING SOLUTION. Do not use fabric softener!
- Please do not put the stockings in the dryer as this will cause them to overheat and generate static electricity. Press the compression stockings between two dry towels and lay them out to dry in a shady place with plenty of ventilation. Do not place on heaters/radiators.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean. Do not use chemicals.
Sharp fingernails and rings with sharp edges can quickly result in defects. Pay due attention to these risks when donning and removing your stockings, and always wear rubber gloves!
Do not cut off any loose threads inside the stockings.
Instructions for donning compression stockings
If your legs are swollen when you get up in the morning. They should be dry and lightly powdered where possible. Use SIGVARIS rubber gloves. The improved grip makes it easier to don the stockings/tights. Pull the SIGVARIS stockings right up using your rubber gloves. You do not need to roll them up or invert them in advance. The stockings/tights should be pulled up until the heel is in the correct position. If a SIGVARIS product is to be worn over a bandage, it is best to first don a pair of standard nylon tights. You can then pull your SIGVARIS garment over the top without any problems.
- Put on "sliding" socks (for all open foot models) or use Easy-Slide/SIGVARIS SOS aids.
- Pull over the heel.
- Do not pull up but instead smooth the knitted fabric evenly over your leg using the gloves. Hitch the stockings up to your knee – still using gloves and flat hands.
- When donning tights, use the gloves to smooth the fabric evenly over your thighs, too.
- At the front, the foot is covered up to the base of the toes, the toes remain free (for open foot models). Make sure that the heel is correctly positioned.
- Remove sliding socks/Easy-Slide.
Correctly positioned SIGVARIS compression stockings:
In the case of a half-stocking (without soft top), the supporting edge should be positioned right under the knee.
For half-thigh/thigh stockings and tights, the material should be pulled up to the middle of the thigh or up to the groin.
The special adhesive "It holds" can also be used to ensure that the stocking (model without grip-top) stays up. It is very easy to use. "It holds" is available from all good specialist retailers.
Only don medical compression stockings once the wound has been dressed!
Medical compression stockings must never be pulled on/worn over open wounds!
Instructions for removing compression stockings
- Rubber gloves also make it easier to remove compression stockings. Grip the upper edge and pull the stockings/tights down to the heel. Pull the knitted fabric over the heel with flat hands.